Depending on the type of business you run, your supply chain is fundamental to your long term success. When it is structured efficiently, it lends itself to becoming your competitive advantage.
For long term success an organisation must consistently achieve the following critical success factors.
- The right product representing that brand
- A competitive price point representing that brand
- Product to the marketplace to meet customer requirements and marketing plans
- Product standard dictated by the brand
- Margin that adds value to the organisation
However current economic conditions of
- Pressure at point of sale placing strain on margins
- Extreme competition in terms of more branding and product offerings leading to a battle for a retail space and/or the retail dollar
- immediacy of product, compromised by long lead-times placing stress on managing forecasts while minimizing stock outs are contrary to achieving those critical success factors
The traditional supply chain model does little to alleviate the issues of the current economic environment. In fact, it can compound the problems. Organisations must look to add competitive advantages to its supply chain by increasing efficiency whilst lowering cost.
This can be achieved through distribution to marketplace from source.
Potential suppliers can structure their capabilities vertically, not relying on "associated" agents using ad-hoc systems not tailored to your market, customers or requirements.
This allows potential suppliers to be:
- Fully aware of the pre-requisites that must be established prior to initial launch
- Responsive to your specific requirements
- Leader in this field
Supply Chain Benefits
There is no longer the need to focus on one hub point at destination. Product can be delivered directly to where the demand is already configured for sale. Existing clients (retailer, wholesaler globally) enjoy considerable savings compared to the previously employed supply chain practices.
Considerable savings are generated and distribution process time is significantly reduced in some cases by a significant number of days.
Supply Chain Scanpack at Source
T&DC has recognised the need for clients to add a competitive advantage to their supply chain. In challenging the traditional concept of a supply chain we have recognised the need to:
- Make decisions closer to the marketplace
- To have stock store ready AND store delivered
- Eliminate double handling costs
- Eliminate duplication of freight costs
- Move to a variable cost model from a fixed cost model
- Add flexibility to the supply chain, delivering product to multiple markets without having to recreate the supply chain
- Lower the overall cost of the logistics equation
From the suppliers' facility to an offshore processing facility in any location in the world, orders can be processed at a SKU level by store, then deliver either directly to the customers shop front, or cross dock warehouse anywhere in the world.
Supply Chain Information Technology
A proactive IT system which is both flexible and cost effective can create and deliver the following benefits:
- Stock control capabilities
- Uploading of your purchase orders and customer orders
- Transmission to you of receipted stock data and advanced ship notice
- Full scan pack capabilities
- Carton label formatting compliant with major retailers
- Detailed suite of reporting capabilities to ensure full audit trail
- Inclusion of consignment note number on labeling adding efficiency and making domestic distribution seamless
- Trading EDI gateway enabling cost effective interfacing to your ERP system, capable of handling all your EDI traffic
Supply Chain Visibility
To answer the question of "Where is my stock?". There are many supply chain tracking tools that allow you to have immediate visibility via web access of:
- Purchase order status
- Received into offshore processing facility
- Not received into offshore processing facility
- Pick Slips
- Not Commenced
The same web portal accesses"
- Full audit trail of transactions
- Shipping details
- Domestic delivery tracking
- Dashboard and management reporting
Our initial analysis is a No Cost, No Obligation and Strictly Confidential review of your supply chain.
To find out how easy it is to save on your logistics costs, Contact Us Now.